Log in to your accountLost password?
The countdown begins this hour. You just have 24 HOURS LEFT if you want to enter your wines in 2019 London Wine Competition
Get your wines judged by a leading panel of top-level UK wine buyers and sommeliers. Impress them by entering your top quality wines.
Enter your wines today and ship by February 25, 2019, to be involved in the 2019 judging.
Note: Winners to be showcased at the LWC participating events and the names of winning wines would be broadcasted to more than 20,000 buyers.
The London Wine Competition looks to recognize, reward and help promote wine brands that have successfully been created to identify with and target a specific wine drinker. For any wine brand to earn its place on a retailer’s shelf or a restaurant’s wine list - and then vitally stay there - they need to be marketable and consumer driven and not just produced in the general hope it can find enough people willing to sell and buy it.
That is why the London Wine Competition is different. It will single out and shine the spotlight on those wine brands that consumers really want to buy and have a clear market value for trade buyers.
MEET THE JUDGES
The London Wine Competition will be assessed and judged by a leading panel of top-level wine buyers with current direct commercial buying responsibility Or wine consultants and experts who are also directly involved in the development of new wine brands or buying wine for commercial resale...
The list of judges will be drawn from leading retail chains, wholesalers, distributors, and on-trade groups across a variety of channels and disciplines including multiple retailing, convenience stores, cash and carries, specialist retailers, casual and fine dining, hospitality and the travel industry.
THE JUDGING CRITERIA
To win a London Wine Competition award you will need to score highly in all three areas of our judging criteria. You might have an outstanding quality wine, but if the price and packaging are not right, you will not be recognized by the London Wine Competition.
There is no point, for example, in having a 95 point wine if it does not look good or offer consumers great value for money. Those points mean it will remain highly respected within the trade, but it will also remain largely unsold on the shelf or languishing on a restaurant’s wine list.
That is why the London Wine Competition will be decided based on the following judging formula:
Q (Quality Score) + Value Score (V) + Package Score (P) = London Wine Competition Score.
BENEFITS TO MEDAL WINNERS
London Wine Competition rewards wines that are made well, taste great, offer great value for money and stand out on the shelf. Winning LWC Gold clearly demonstrates the trade how well the wine will be perceived in the market and will give the trade a very good indicator to stock that wine.
Here are some of the benefits and reasons on why you should enter your wines in London Wine Competition.
- Raise your brands’ profile, prestige, and credibility with importers, distributors, press, retailers, and consumers
- Instill confidence in the trade buyer about the marketability of your wine as LWC rates wines by its value, package, and quality.
- Winners to be showcased at LWC participating events at no extra fees.
- Winners to get access to stickers and all winning materials at no extra fees.
- Increase product sales
- Boost awareness of your brand in the media via extensive editorial and press coverage via LWC media partners
- Use the LWC logo on packaging and as part of your own promotional plan
- Social media promotion of winners ALL YEAR ROUND
- Gold winners contact data will be sent to all LWC buyers with the intent to make a direct connection between the buyer and the supplier.
Enter Your Wines Today and Get Rated By Quality, Value, and Package. Submissions Deadline: 25 January 2019. Ship your wines by February 28, 2019.
- Submission Deadline: Till 25 January 2019
- Warehouse Closes For Samples: 25 February 2019
- Judging: March 21 & 22, 2019
- Winners Announced: 30 April 2019
Sometimes, wine shops end up with too much inventory. This challenge is fairly common and can be approached in a few ways.
Given a current market characterized by rapid change, these challenges must be addressed for importers to have success.
Sales and Marketing
While retail drinks market is growing at a fast pace, how to stay competitive in crowd of other thousands of excellent retailers